By Sue Smith / CIO Today. Updated March 18, 2014.
Organizers of Interop Las Vegas have announced their finalists for the 2014 Best of Interop awards competition. The list includes a variety of business-technology products and services with a focus on computer networking, interoperability, mobility, cloud computing, and security.
Technology companies that exhibit at Interop's IT Conference & Expo are allowed to self-nominate their products and services. Judges ultimately chose 27 finalists from some 130 submissions, across nine different categories.
This year's categories include cloud computing, data center solutions, mobility solutions, network management, networking infrastructure, network performance, software defined networking or SDN, security solutions, and storage solutions.
Casting the Vote
Interop uses a team of industry analysts and technology news editors, including head judge Steven Hill, to review all submissions and choose finalists. Their job then turns to finding the 'wow' factor that helps distinguish the winner for each category, plus a best-of-show winner.
Attendees at Interop Las Vegas will also get a chance to vote via smartphone for an audience favorite during a conference keynote address on April 2.
Other winners will be announced the day before, on Tuesday, April 1 at 5:30 p.m., in the Interop Theater on the Expo Floor at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. In addition to the category winners and the Grand Award, Interop will also give an award for Best Startup.
Best of Interop Finalists:
- Enterprise Cloud Services Portal from iland
- Spirent Velocity from Spirent Communications
- vCloud Hybrid Service from VMware
Data Center Solutions
- Arista 7300X 10/40GbE Data Center Switch and EOS Programmability (SSU) from Arista Networks
- Cisco Nexus 9516 Switch from Cisco
- Stratus everRun Enterprise from Stratus Technologies
- NEC Unified Network Coordinator (UNC) from NEC
- NetFlow Generation App from Gigamon
- Purview from Extreme Networks
- Cisco Mobility Services Engine - Enhanced Wi-Fi Location Accuracy and Analytics from Cisco Systems
- Dell Enterprise Mobility Management from Quest Software (formerly Dell Software)
- PresenTable SemiPresence from Presentia
- Avaya Fabric Attach from Avaya
- Cisco ISR 4451-X Converged Branch Infrastructure Solution from Cisco Systems
- HP Network Optimizer SDN Application for Microsoft Lync from Hewlett Packard
- APCON IntellaFlex Time Stamping & Packet Slicing Blade from APCON
- Avalanche NEXT from Spirent Communications
- TotalView 5 from PathSolutions
Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) for Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure from Cisco
- Hydrogen from OpenDaylight Project
- VMware NSX Network Virtualization Platform from VMware
- Avaya idEngines (Identity Engines) Single Sign On (SSO) from Avaya
- Dell SonicWALL Network Security Appliance (NSA) 2600 from Quest Software (formerly Dell Software)
Spector 360 Recon from SpectorSoft
- Coho DataStream 1000 from Coho Data
- On Premise File Sharing Appliance from SmartFile
- VMware Virtual SAN from VMware
The Interop Las Vegas conference runs from March 31 through April 4, 2014, with the exhibit floor open April 1-3, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
Tracks and hot topics include the IT challenges presented by the BYOD (bring your own device) trend, network security, software defined networks, mobile device management (MDM), collaboration, LAN/WAN network infrastructure, data center management, data storage solutions, and of course, cloud computing.